Each year, tens of thousands of community members come through OCP’s doors excited to experience the magic of live theatre. With the support of generous community members, we have the great privilege of telling unique and powerful stories in our two theatre spaces – stories that evoke emotions, encourage authentic response, and provide audiences with an escape from their daily lives.
As a nonprofit theatre that aims to offer affordable, high-quality productions and accessible education and outreach opportunities, OCP relies on community support from donors just like you.
Specifically, donations support our productions, education programs, and outreach efforts including:
• 10 season productions a year
• OCP’s beloved adaptation of A Christmas Carol
• Special production events featuring local and touring performers
• Accessibility offerings including audio described performances, ASL interpreted performances, and sensory friendly performances
• Efforts focused on increasing diversity, equity, and inclusion at OCP
• Onsite theatre classes and workshops
• In-school/after school workshops and residencies focused on teaching life skills through stage skills
• Community partnerships that help us take show themes “Beyond the Stage”
• Professional development training in technical theatre through the Theatre Technology Apprenticeship Program (TTAP®)
• OCP’s professional touring wing, the Nebraska Theatre Caravan
• And more!
Your contribution also helps us keep our 67,000+ square foot facility operating, allowing us to create a welcoming, inclusive environment in which everyone in our community can feel a sense of belonging and collectively experience the power of live theatre.