Omaha Community Playhouse is committed to diverse, inclusive casting.
Actors please be prepared with the following:
- You will be asked to fill out an audition form in advance, not at the audition. You can return the completed paperwork by email or bring it to the audition. Please have all necessary contact information and schedules available.
- A recent photo to attach to your audition form. Please note, the photos do not need to be professional and will not be returned.
- Should you not have a photo, one will be taken at the time of the audition, but the check in process may take longer.
Auditioning for a Play
- You will be asked to read from the script, which will be provided at the audition.
- You may be asked to participate in movement exercises, if the play requires movement. Please be dressed comfortably.
Auditioning for a Musical
What to Bring:
Please come prepared with 16 bars of music prepared to sing. An accompanist will be provided.
There will be a dance audition, please come dressed ready to move. No boots, sandals, flip-flops, slick shoes, etc. (This is excluded from the 2020/21 season musical auditions. Dance skills will be evaluated at callbacks.)
To expedite the check in process—please bring recent photo if you have one available. Please note, photos will not be returned.
The Omaha Community Playhouse no long offers script check-out. If you would like to know more about a show prior to auditions enter the title into a search engine for reviews, information about the author, video clips, etc.
PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
The Howard and Rhonda Hawks Mainstage Theatre performances are Wednesdays through Saturdays with a 7:30 p.m. curtain and Sundays with a 2:00 p.m. curtain.
The Howard Drew Theatre performs Thursdays through Saturdays with a 7:30 p.m. curtain and Sundays with a 2:00 p.m. curtain, with the exception of Of Mice and Men which will also perform on Wednesday evenings at 7:30 p.m.
Productions run from four to six weeks.
Each actor in a production receives four complimentary tickets for the first weekend of the show.
OCP offers two auditions dates for every production. You only need to attend ONE of the audition dates to be considered for the production.
For additional information on auditions, or to request accessibility accommodations, please email Becky at email@example.com